1. SELECTED ESSAYS BY BACON
- Bacon's Prose Style
- Bacon As a Moralist
- Bacon As a Philosopher
- Bacon's Worldly Wisdom
- Renaissance Elements in Bacon
- Critical Appreciation of 'Of Parents and Children'
- Critical Appreciation of 'Of Great Place'
- Critical Appreciation of 'Of Studies'
2. GULLIVER'S TRAVELS BY SWIFT
- Swift's Prose Style
- Swift As a Satirist
- Swift As a Misanthrope
- Popularity of 'Gulliver's Travels'
- Irony in 'Gulliver's Travels'
- Elements of Utopia in 'Gulliver's Travels'
- First and Last Voyage of 'Gulliver's Travels'
- Character Sketch of Gulliver
3. UNPOPULAR ESSAYS BY RUSSELL
- Russell's Prose Style
- Russell As an Essayist
- Russell As a Philosopher
- Connection Between Philosophy and Politics
- The Future of Mankind
- On Being Modern-Minded
- The Functions of a Teacher
- Ideas That Have Helped Mankind
4. CULTURE AND IMPERIALISM BY EDWARD SAID
- Edward Said's Prose Style
- Edward Said's Views on Culture
- Edward Said's Views on Imperialism
- Relationship Between Culture and Imperialism
- Central Thesis of 'Introduction to Culture and Imperialism'
- The Public Role of the Intellectual
- The Case of Colonized Nations in 'Introduction to Culture and Imperialim'
- Classical English Novelists in 'Introduction to Culture and Imperialism'
5. THE REDRESS OF POETRY BY SEAMUS HEANEY
- Heaney's Prose Style
- Heaney's Views About Poetry
- Accusations Against Poetry
- Heaney's Defense of Poetry
- Poetry will Never Become Irrelevant
- Poetry Brings Human Existence into Fuller Life
- Poetry Redress Social, Economic and Cultural Ills
- Inclusive Consciousness in 'Redress of Poetry'